To Resist or to Let Go?
Read from Florence Scovel Shinn's The Game of Life & How to Play It
Aloha Dear Loves ~
Here is your next episode, Chapter 4 – The Law of Non-Resistance, from The Game of Life and How to Play It, as read by your cheerful host, LemurianGirl.
Before reading and listening to The Law of Non-Resistance, let's talk about what Resistance is. You know what it is instinctively… if you imagine yourself holding your arm out and a friend standing across from you holding her arm out pushing her hand against yours, you know that as long as you're about the same strength, it's a stalemate if you're both pushing against each other. That's resistance. If one of you stops resisting, the other falls forward, demonstrating the power of letting go, a.k.a. non-resistance.
- Resistance is a major block to releasing.
- Effort is the Energy Required to Overcome Resistance (I suggest you find a powerful self-realization method to help you do this)
- The want to be Imperturbable, at Peace, In Beingness, Happiness with No Sorrow, allows us to overcome resistance.
- Resistance is opposition to force real or imagined.
- Wanting to control the other person, who you think is trying to control you, you can only experience their pushing you, you can only experience your own resistance.
- The “I can't” is resistance, it takes a conscious effort to overcome the unconscious effort (habit) of holding down the feelings.
- Resistance is just another program we have programmed to protect all the other programs that we programmed.
- If there were no resistance, one would become liberated. We are constantly having to release the resistance in order to let the feelings up and out.
- Resistance is when you haven't decided yet whether to do the thing or not, and you're doing it anyway, and it's difficult. To make it easy to do, all you need to do is decide to do it, or decide to not do it, and don't do it.
- Resistance is pushing against the world so it will push back.
LemurianGirl recommends you witness your self and notice the resistance, usually it is apparent as a clutching or contraction in your stomach or chest area in response to certain emotions or thoughts.
Please submit your comments about Resistance and Non-Resistance below, I appreciate all your shares!